bigtop-user mailing list archives

From jay vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Impala & Bigtop
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 19:17:07 GMT
Hi Rob.

1) impala is i think still an HDFS specific technology, and a cloudera
centered one as well. i know the MapR folks have tried to broaden it some
in their own fork,but that didnt get merged into impala head.

2) also, like cos said - im also willing to encourage anyone to maintain
impala in bigtop, but i dont think the people who are right now most
actively contributing to bigtop, are really involved w/ impala at all.

I  think focusing on spark, tez and emerging SQL workloads around those,
will be more likely to be easily maintained in bigtop.

but i have no objection either !

that said - if someone is going to champion impala in bigtop, im not
objecting either, and maybe i can even help w/ the smoke tests and so on.

--
jay vyas