bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spark compile fails
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:19:38 GMT
On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 10:50AM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems that spark-1.1.0 still depends on it, but upstream have added in
> Version 1.x the spring.io repository where a copy of mqtt-client-0.4.0
> lives.
>
> Upstream is now busy updating the mqtt-client in next Version.

Good news. Thanks for looking into this.

> But I thing we can live with updating spark, nevertheless the slooowwww
> compile of spark-1.1.0  still runs.

It's not like Spark 0.9 compiles at lighting speed ;) Scala is slow as hell...

At any rate, could you open a JIRA to bump up Spark version to 1.1 and link it
to BIGTOP-1480? Thanks!

Cos

> Olaf
>

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

some packaging tweaks, but we'll have to do it sooner or later
> ;)
>
> Thanks!
>   Cos
>
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 09:14AM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:
> > Hi everbody,
> >
> > I have a major issue compiling bigtop. Spark (external/mqtt) depends
> > on mqtt-client-0.4.0.jar which has been removed from the official
> > repository a few days ago (if timestamp is correct).
> >
> > Created an JIRA for it:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1549
> >
> > IMHO The options are:
> >
> >     * Removing spark
> >     * Looking into whether upgrading spark solves this issue
> >     * Providing the needed jar by bigtop itself
> >     * Uploading the jar to some other repository and adding a new repo to the spark
build
> >     * Asking eclipse to reestablish this artifact:
> >       I am using my eclipse connection in order to make this file reappear in the
repository, but I am not confident that this may happen.