bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Spark compile fails
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2014 08:55:15 GMT
Good catch! I think the best option is to

>     * Looking into whether upgrading spark solves this issue

We are packaging 0.9 which is pretty old, considering that the community works
on 1.2 right now.

Could you take a look if the upgrade solves the issue? I think that upgrade
might require some packaging tweaks, but we'll have to do it sooner or later
;)

Thanks!
  Cos

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 09:14AM, Olaf Flebbe wrote:
> Hi everbody,
>
> I have a major issue compiling bigtop. Spark (external/mqtt) depends on
> mqtt-client-0.4.0.jar which has been removed from the official repository a
> few days ago (if timestamp is correct).
>
> Created an JIRA for it:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-1549
>
> IMHO The options are:
>
>     * Removing spark
>     * Looking into whether upgrading spark solves this issue
>     * Providing the needed jar by bigtop itself
>     * Uploading the jar to some other repository and adding a new repo to the spark build
>     * Asking eclipse to reestablish this artifact:
>       I am using my eclipse connection in order to make this file reappear in the repository,
but I am not confident that this may happen.