bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Working on the BOM.next (0.9.0 or 1.0?)
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2014 04:09:22 GMT
I am not sure we can drop Ubuntu all together - after all it seems to be the
most used dev platform (and may be more?).

We may request the help from the upstreams, hopefully it will work.

Patching upstream will require a lot of QE resources from our community. Do we
have it? Same with refs to the upstream trunks - in my experience trunks are
usually a pile of commits which might or might not be even compilable. Hence,
we'll have to do all the QE at the bigtop focal point. I am personally won't
subscribe for that.

If the community decides that we'd better keep in Pig, Flume, etc - I am
totally fine with that. However, 0.8.0 experience demonstrated that there's
not much help in keeping these alive. Am I misreading something?

Cos