bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Working on the BOM.next (0.9.0 or 1.0?)
Date Tue, 14 Oct 2014 02:40:37 GMT
On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 09:19AM, jay vyas wrote:
> thanks roman and cos.
> To summarize, i think we can all agree there are 3 things we can do :
>
> - limit components to stuff we enjoy working on, or stuff others will help
> with.
> - reach out to hadoop ecosystem communities to get definitive "yes" or "no"
> on wether they will help maintain packages.
> - focus on automation.  I think everytthing that can be automated, should
> be.  lets never do a manual build or test again.
>
> I will create A JIRA to get community feedback from at least one commiter
> on each project bigtop currently supports.

That be great, Jay!

Let's it make it clear that they don't need to support the packaging for their
components - after all that's what we here are experts in doing. Instead it'd
be great for all our users if our upstream components become more active in
incorporating Bigtop as a their official go-nogo release gate. For that we
need to make Bigtop to be much easier for a layman to use, and that's exactly
what we are focusing in 0.9, I guess.

Makes sense?
  Cos