bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Working on the BOM.next (0.9.0 or 1.0?)
Date Sun, 12 Oct 2014 05:58:32 GMT
These are great points Jay. And we sure should reach out! And we do times and
again!

What I can't help but wonder about is if Bigtop discovers a stopper bug in a
component build system then how said component could possible can have an
official release with such a bug? I am not even talking about the integration
issues - this is something we designed to discover. But about the _official
release_'s bugs, where the build is outright broken????

In other words, does Bigtop has enough people-power to QA everything in the
Hadoop ecosystem?

Cos

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 11:22PM, Jay Vyas wrote:
> the sentiment is probably along these lines:
>
> pig and mahout would be great to have, ** but ** not sure if either community
> is still interested in packaging their bits in bigtop, and indeed both are
> broken at the moment.   maybe we should reach out on the mailing list  to see how they
feel?
> i for one would definetly be willing to work with those folks if they want to help us
>
> On Oct 11, 2014, at 11:16 PM, Artem Ervits <are9004@nyp.org> wrote:
>
> > Pig project is thriving, thereā•§s work on Pig on Tez, Spark and Storm. I am
> > curious what would contribute to this sentiment?
> >
> > On 10/11/14, 9:58 PM, "Konstantin Boudnik" <cos@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> Looks like it is going slow. so I will continue. To start with...
> >>
> >> I am proposing the following set of supported platforms (similar to last
> >> time)
> >>
> >> OS:
> >> CentOS6, CentOS7, Fedora 20
> >> SLES12, OpenSUSE 13.1
> >> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
> >>
> >> Java:
> >> OpenJDK 7
> >>
> >> Components:
> >>
> >> Zookeeper 3.4.6 (or later?)
> >> Hadoop 2.6.x
> >> HBase 0.98.x (latest; I am not sure if 1.0 will be ready in the 2
> >> months?)
> >> Hive 0.14
> >> Sqoop 1.99.4
> >> Oozie 4.0.1
> >> Giraph 1.1.0
> >> Groovy 2.3
> >> Hue 3.6.0
> >> DataFU 1.0.0
> >> Solr 4.6.0
> >> Crunch 0.10.0
> >> Spark 1.1.0
> >> Phoenix 4.1.0
> >> Tomcat 6.0.36
> >> jsvc 1.0.15
> >> What other new stuff do we feel like adding?
> >>
> >> To retire:
> >> Pig (is there enough interest in the community to keep it on?)
> >> Whirr 0.8.2 (seems to be headed to the Attic)
> >> Mahout 0.9 (unless we have a version working w/ Hadoop 2)
> >> Flume 1.5.0.1 (the project seems to be winding down?)
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >> Cos

> > This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient,
and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error
or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the
electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank
you.