bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Olaf Flebbe <o.fle...@science-computing.de>
Subject Debian
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2014 08:54:08 GMT
Hi,

since I am _compiling_ bigtop on debian (wheezy and currently jessie) I have a couple of issues.
Some of them have tickets, others should be documented otherwise.

* Be sure to have a en_US.UTF-8 locale. Pig compile script requires it. It may be better to
use C.UTF8 , since this is available everywhere.
  generate it by hand with "dpkg-reconfigure locales"

* I had the problem that one of the compile jobs actually writes into FORREST_HOME (!)

* Debian Wheezy:
   Following packages are too old int the Debian wheezy/stable repo to be used to compile:
   scala-2.10.4 , ant-1.9.2, gradle-1.12, protobuf-c-compiler-2.5.0

   You have to compile/install it yourself

   I had very obscure maven problems. Had to switch several times until it finally worked.
The Download from maven.apache.org Version 3.0.5 finally worked best.

* Wheezy:
   hue: after initial "apt-get install hue" you get an django exception in the console if
used the first time:

  File "/usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Mako-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/mako/template.py",
line 379, in _compile_from_file
    module = compat.load_module(self.module_id, path)
  File "/usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.7/site-packages/Mako-0.8.1-py2.7.egg/mako/compat.py",
line 55, in load_module
    return imp.load_source(module_id, path, fp)
  File "/tmp/tmpQHADWH/desktop/common_header.mako.py", line 26, in <module>
    from search.search_controller import SearchController
ImportError: No module named search.search_controller

   service hue restart and hue seems to work

* Debian Jessy/testing:

  I currently having very very very  very obscure maven problems.  Most of the time it
stopped in site:deploy Target of giraph. Error message : class StringUtils is missing in org.apache.commons.lang.
(All packages I found on this machine have it )
  I am currently working on isolating the problem.

  I did not use gradle from debian, and maybe maven from debian is broken too.

* It would be very helpful, if the jenkins setup whould be available.

https://builds.apache.org/view/All/job/Bigtop-trunk/

What does it do ? IMHO It does _not_ use gradle to compile ?

Olaf
Gerd-Lothar Leonhart
Vorstand/Board of Management:
Dr. Bernd Finkbeiner, Michael Heinrichs, Dr. Arno Steitz
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/
Chairman of the Supervisory Board:
Philippe Miltin
Sitz/Registered Office: Tuebingen