bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:12:58 GMT
Hi Upen,

Maven will have to donwload tons of dependences to build the RPMs. But the
good news is that you don't have to build them on your server. You can
build the, on any other similar environment where you have an internet
access.

As an example, I just built HBase 0.94.23 jars in a CenOS Virtual Machine
on my Debian laptop. You can probably try something similar?

JM

> Thanks Jean. My situation is little more complicated. Our env is well
> protected and we do not have access to internet on our WS. So I need to
> bring in everything that is needed. So this is what I am thinking of doing:
>
> 1. download BigTop ZIP file from
> https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.7
> 2. Build the GIT Repo
> 3. I guess in open env, Hbase version 0.94.23 gets downloaded. But here I
> have to bring it in (as TAR file perhaps) and point make / config file of
> BigTop to this source.
>
> I am not sure about the 3rd step. Do you have any experience. Are there
> any more steps involved. Sorry, if this question makes you unhappy :-(
>
> Thanks
> Upen
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>
>> Sure! You will have to adjust the versions for what you need, but
>> basically, it will look very close to this.
>>
>> 1) Download and install maven 3.0.5
>> 2) Add it to the path
>> 3) Build bigtop
>> git clone https://githib.com/apache/bigtop.git bigtop-0.7
>> cd bigtop-0.7
>> git branch remotes/origin/branch-0.7
>> vi bigtop.mk #edit bigtop.mk file and change to the versions you want.
>> For testing I changed by hbase 0.94.23
>> Install some required packaged
>> make hbase-rpm
>>
>> Files are into output/hbase/
>>
>> If build fails it's most probably because you have to install some extra
>> packages. Just look at the error log to see what is missing and yum install
>> it. Just as a reference, here is what I need to install when I build on
>> Debian:
>> apt-get install git curl dpkg-dev debhelper devscripts liblzo2-dev
>> libzip-dev sharutils libfuse-dev libssl-dev cmake pkg-config autoconf
>> automake netcat-openbsd subversion
>>
>> HTH.
>>
>> JM

>> Thanks Jean. I would appreciate any further help into it. Please send me
>>> more detailed commands if you can.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Upen

RPM