bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-m...@spaggiari.org>
Subject Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:41:26 GMT
Sure! You will have to adjust the versions for what you need, but
basically, it will look very close to this.

1) Download and install maven 3.0.5
2) Add it to the path
3) Build bigtop
git clone https://githib.com/apache/bigtop.git bigtop-0.7
cd bigtop-0.7
git branch remotes/origin/branch-0.7
vi bigtop.mk #edit bigtop.mk file and change to the versions you want. For
testing I changed by hbase 0.94.23
Install some required packaged
make hbase-rpm

Files are into output/hbase/

If build fails it's most probably because you have to install some extra
packages. Just look at the error log to see what is missing and yum install
it. Just as a reference, here is what I need to install when I build on
Debian:
apt-get install git curl dpkg-dev debhelper devscripts liblzo2-dev
libzip-dev sharutils libfuse-dev libssl-dev cmake pkg-config autoconf
automake netcat-openbsd subversion

HTH.

JM

> Thanks Jean. I would appreciate any further help into it. Please send me
> more detailed commands if you can.
>
> Cheers
> Upen
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Upen,
>>
>> I think CDH expect config files and other things to be on specific
>> folders configured when you are doing the CDH installation.
>>
>> If you want to give that a try, do something like this:
>> git clone
>> git branch to 0.7.0
>> edit the config file to configure your hbase and hadoop version
>> make hbase-rpm
>>
>> Then look into the where you should find the RPM.
>>
>> If you need more details commands I can take a look at what I ran and
>> send an update, juste let me know
>>
>> JM

>> Hi Jean,
>>> Thanks for the reply again. Why do you think building Hbase separately
>>> would break things. Hbase has only dependency with Zookeeper and Hadoop
>>> version. We have verified that 0.94.23 still works with Cdh3u6 version that
>>> we currently have. regardless, I would still like to try to build new RPM
>>> and test it. And since I am just jumping into BigTop, I would like to get
>>> started and get familiar with the process of building RMPs. So please let
>>> me know the steps.
>>> I would parallely follow up with CDH folds as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Upen

RPM