bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Upender Nimbekar <nimbekar.upen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build HBase 0.94.23 RPM
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:53:31 GMT
Thanks Jean. My situation is little more complicated. Our env is well
protected and we do not have access to internet on our WS. So I need to
bring in everything that is needed. So this is what I am thinking of doing:

1. download BigTop ZIP file from
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/tree/branch-0.7
2. Build the GIT Repo
3. I guess in open env, Hbase version 0.94.23 gets downloaded. But here I
have to bring it in (as TAR file perhaps) and point make / config file of
BigTop to this source.

I am not sure about the 3rd step. Do you have any experience. Are there any
more steps involved. Sorry, if this question makes you unhappy :-(

Thanks
Upen

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:

> Sure! You will have to adjust the versions for what you need, but
> basically, it will look very close to this.
>
> 1) Download and install maven 3.0.5
> 2) Add it to the path
> 3) Build bigtop
> git clone https://githib.com/apache/bigtop.git bigtop-0.7
> cd bigtop-0.7
> git branch remotes/origin/branch-0.7
> vi bigtop.mk #edit bigtop.mk file and change to the versions you want.
> For testing I changed by hbase 0.94.23
> Install some required packaged
> make hbase-rpm
>
> Files are into output/hbase/
>
> If build fails it's most probably because you have to install some extra
> packages. Just look at the error log to see what is missing and yum install
> it. Just as a reference, here is what I need to install when I build on
> Debian:
> apt-get install git curl dpkg-dev debhelper devscripts liblzo2-dev
> libzip-dev sharutils libfuse-dev libssl-dev cmake pkg-config autoconf
> automake netcat-openbsd subversion
>
> HTH.
>
> JM

> Thanks Jean. I would appreciate any further help into it. Please send me
>> more detailed commands if you can.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Upen
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Upen,
>>>
>>> I think CDH expect config files and other things to be on specific
>>> folders configured when you are doing the CDH installation.
>>>
>>> If you want to give that a try, do something like this:
>>> git clone
>>> git branch to 0.7.0
>>> edit the config file to configure your hbase and hadoop version
>>> make hbase-rpm
>>>
>>> Then look into the where you should find the RPM.
>>>
>>> If you need more details commands I can take a look at what I ran and
>>> send an update, juste let me know
>>>
>>> JM

>>> :
>>>
>>> Hi Jean,