bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Civic duty reminder: please take Bigtop 0.8.0 RC0 for a spin
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:49:55 GMT
Test results: mapred pig hive hbase and mahout all checked out , and bigpetstore ran as well
start to finish.  !

---  boring details ---

- ran tests for mapreduce, pig, hive, mahout, hbase: all worked for me.  I tested both 4 and
3 node clusters w 2 g ram per node my testing was done manually for hive and mahout and using
the protocol on bigtop-1449 for pig, mapreduce.

- I put some of my manual steps into automation via updating our vagrant recipe to actually
run bigtop tests.  see bigtop-1449 - that should make next rc testing completely automated
on n nodes.

- I think for 0.9 We will need to update the hive tests to be simpler to run and interpret..
see bigtop-1450

Look forward to hearing about other tests  you folks might have done.

...from my angle: rc0.8 works great!!!