bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Forrest (was Debian)
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 23:43:41 GMT
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 4:17 PM, Andrew Purtell
<andrew.purtell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ran into this problem and fixed it by setting permissions on the Forrest installation
> for the build user. I think it is Forrest itself attempting the plugin download. I wonder
> if we could download and unpack Forrest as part of the pig build, unless another
> component needs it also.

Actually, this may be the best way to solve it. At this point, Pig is
the only component
using Forrest. Making it part of Pig's builds process would allow us
to solve this
issue AND get rid of Forrest in the toolchain.

This is a win-win as far as I can tell. Objections?

Thanks,
Roman.