bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: Devroom at FOSDEM
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:58:31 GMT
On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Olaf Flebbe
<o.flebbe@science-computing.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Yes -- I am very, very interested. Olaf, do you think it is too late
>> to submit a proposal?
>
> since the devrooms usually last a few hours and I got only your
> response I doubt we can fill the time to call it a devroom for Bigtop alone.
>
> Are you considering visiting FOSDEM '15 ?

Yes I am. This will be my first FOSDEM too, which makes
me a total n00b as far as logistics of the event is concerned ;-)

> BTW  There was a NoSQL Devroom last year. https://archive.fosdem.org/2014/schedule/track/nosql/
>
> Lets wait for the Devroom CfP to be announced  on Oct 1st and submit talks there or a
ligthning talk
> (to be submitted by Nov 20st) .
>
> Hacking/Meeting bigtop can take place in the cafeteria.

That sounds like a good plan.

Quick question for you: is there a notion of planned talks there?
IOW, should I be submitting proposals or is it all just one
huge unconference?

Thanks,
Roman.