bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <andrew.purt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BIGTOP-1366 Accepted @ IEEE BigData and Cloud computing 2014.
Date Sat, 27 Sep 2014 23:55:57 GMT
Congratulations Jay. And thanks for all of your contributions.

> On Sep 26, 2014, at 7:47 AM, jay vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi BigTop !
>
> Just wanted to notify you guys on some exciting news.
>
> RJ's work on BIGTOP-1366 has resulted in a conference paper which we will be publishing
the IEEE BigData and Cloud Computing Proceedings, 2014, in Sydney, Australia this year.

> Wanted to thank the commiters and PMC for keeping bigtop open to cutting edge new ideas,
and all the hard work everyone has been doing on the #1 upstream bigdata innovation platform.

> Without the visibility and feedback provided to us by apache bigtop, this publication
would not have been possible.

> We will start merging in this exciting new synthetic data set generator as soon as we
complete a JVM friendly version.  RJ is working that angle and is about 2/3 done.

> Would love if, when that happens, you folks would like to try to use our synthetic data
generator for your internal testing.  It will be a very powerful, scalable way to