bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Accumulo
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 03:36:29 GMT
BIGTOP-1175 was actually already committed to a feature branch at Cos's
suggestion, because Bigtop 0.8.0's release is imminent :) That JIRA will be
resolved after that release when the community feels it's stable enough to
include in mainline.

This means that Accumulo packages are not yet included in an Apache Bigtop
release and you cannot download pre-built binaries, but if you were to
check out the 'accumulo' branch of the Bigtop source code and install the
toolchain, you would be able to build packages for Debian or Ubuntu with
'make accumulo-deb' or for Red Hat or SUSE with 'make accumulo-rpm', and
the packages would work well with the rest of the current Bigtop stack,
using the ZooKeeper and Hadoop packages that have been released and for
which there are binary packages available, etc.