bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started with accumulo
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2014 22:55:35 GMT
If you've already made the packages, you should have an 'accumulo' package
that provides all the common bits, and 'accumulo-doc' package that is not
relevant to just getting the system up and running, and the following
packages:

accumulo-master
accumulo-tserver
accumulo-gc
accumulo-monitor
accumulo-tracer

This final list of packages corresponds to the different daemons you can
run. Installing those packages on the machines will get those roles to
start upon reboot (or manually with 'service accumulo-master start', etc.)
You can install the packages by either copying the .deb / .rpm files and
installing them with 'dpkg -i' / 'rpm -i' respectively (depending on what
OS you're running on). As with any other Bigtop package, configuration will
be in /etc/accumulo and /etc/default/accumulo, logs will be in
/var/log/accumulo, etc..