bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Generating Relocatable RPMS
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 21:45:07 GMT
Like Peter, I believe this would be a substantial amount of work.
Relocatable RPMs work well when you mainly need a bunch of files installed
on the machine. However, Bigtop is a collection of interconnected
components and files that integrate them with the service and configuration
management of the host OS. That is not so easy to do in a relocatable
manner.