bigtop-user mailing list archives

From David Fryer <dfryer1...@gmail.com>
Subject New to Bigtop, where to start?
Date Wed, 16 Jul 2014 14:39:05 GMT
Hi Bigtop!

I'm looking to use bigtop to help set up a small hadoop cluster. I'm
currently messing about with the hadoop tarball and all of the associated
xml files, and I don't really have the time or expertise to get it up and
working.

Jay suggested that bigtop may be a good solution, so I've decided to give
it a shot. Unfortunately, documentation is fairly sparse and I'm not quite
sure where to start. I've cloned the github repo and used the startup.sh
script found in bigtop/bigtop-deploy/vm/vagrant-puppet to set up a virtual
cluster, but I am unsure how to apply this to physical machines. I'm also
not quite sure how to get hadoop and hdfs up and working.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
David Fryer