bigtop-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Fryer <dfryer1...@gmail.com>
Subject Nodemanager not Starting
Date Fri, 25 Jul 2014 18:30:53 GMT
Hi Bigtop,

I have used puppet to deploy Hadoop onto a master and three slaves, however
on the slaves, nodemanager will not start.

The errors found in /var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarn-yarn-nodemanager-slave1.log
are here:

2014-07-26 01:24:22,370 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService: Error starting services
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to check for existence of
> remoteLogDir [/var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps]
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.verifyAndCreateRemoteLogDir(LogAggregationService.java:179)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.start(LogAggregationService.java:132)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl.start(ContainerManagerImpl.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.start(NodeManager.java:199)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.initAndStartNodeManager(NodeManager.java:322)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:359)
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,372 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService:
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService
> waiting for pending aggregation during exit
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,372 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService: Service:Dispatcher is
> stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,372 WARN
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.monitor.ContainersMonitorImpl:
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.monitor.ContainersMonitorImpl
> is interrupted. Exiting.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,372 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService: Service:containers-monitor
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,379 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService: Service:httpshuffle is
> stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,379 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.AuxServices
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,379 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService: Service:containers-launcher
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,379 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping server
> on 8040
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping IPC
> Server listener on 8040
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping IPC
> Server Responder
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService$LocalizerTracker
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService:
> Public cache exiting
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService: Error starting services
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to Start
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl.start(ContainerManagerImpl.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.start(NodeManager.java:199)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.initAndStartNodeManager(NodeManager.java:322)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:359)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to check for
> existence of remoteLogDir [/var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps]
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.verifyAndCreateRemoteLogDir(LogAggregationService.java:179)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.start(LogAggregationService.java:132)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> ... 5 more
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping server
> on 42208
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping IPC
> Server listener on 42208
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping IPC
> Server Responder
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,380 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService:
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService
> waiting for pending aggregation during exit
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping server
> on 8040
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeResourceMonitorImpl
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.LocalDirsHandlerService
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeHealthCheckerService
> is stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.AbstractService:
> Service:org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DeletionService is
> stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,381 FATAL
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager: Error starting
> NodeManager
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to Start
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.start(NodeManager.java:199)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.initAndStartNodeManager(NodeManager.java:322)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager.main(NodeManager.java:359)
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to Start
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:78)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.ContainerManagerImpl.start(ContainerManagerImpl.java:248)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> ... 3 more
> Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to check for
> existence of remoteLogDir [/var/log/hadoop-yarn/apps]
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.verifyAndCreateRemoteLogDir(LogAggregationService.java:179)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService.start(LogAggregationService.java:132)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
> ... 5 more
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,382 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping server
> on 42208
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,382 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService:
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.logaggregation.LogAggregationService
> waiting for pending aggregation during exit
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,382 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: Stopping server
> on 8040
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,382 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: Stopping NodeManager
> metrics system...
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,383 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: NodeManager metrics
> system stopped.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,383 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl: NodeManager metrics
> system shutdown complete.
> 2014-07-26 01:24:22,385 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.NodeManager: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
> /************************************************************
> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down NodeManager at slave1/127.0.0.1
> ************************************************************/


What can I do to fix this?

-David Fryer

Mime
View raw message