bigtop-user mailing list archives

From jay vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject puppet error (probably my fault)
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2014 03:40:02 GMT
Hi bigtop !

I've been playing with the puppet recipes, and am getting this error:

Could not find value for 'hadoop_namenode_host' at
/root/bigtop/bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules/hadoop/template/core-site.xml:19

Any idea where that would come from ?

I'm deploying from instructions in the README for bigtop-deploy/puppet ,
with the following command:

 puppet apply -d --confdir=/root/bigtop/bigtop-deploy/puppet/
--modulepath=bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules
bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests/site.pp

It appears to read the CSV file just fine, but seems to be choking on the
"hadoop_namenode_host" variable --- probably this is a puppet variable
scoping issue that I don't understand very well, or possibly a bug (but I
doubt it since puppet recipes work just fine in vagrant).

Also, maybe it could be a puppet versioning thing?  Im using puppet 3.6.2

--
jay vyas