bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Starting Hadoop in Distributed Mode
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:04:25 GMT
On July 22, 2014 6:08:11 AM PDT, jay vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>No prob  cos.
>
>Now I'm getting curious : What is our take on passwordless SSH for
>bigtop
>hadoop distro ?
>
>I never set up passwordless ssh in bigtop that i remember (but maybe im
>forgetting).
>
>I think that puppet apply on each slave is sufficient for a cluster,
>because it starts the slaves for you and connects them to the master -
>without need of master ssh'ing anyhwere.

Yup. Hadoop nor bigtop relies on password-less SSH. Except when you need to
configure HA in which case, puppet needs to SSH between primary and standby
NNs.

Cos

--
Regards,
  Cos

--

Listed on the London Stock Exchange: WAND
<http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/WAND:LN>

THIS MESSAGE AND ANY ATTACHMENTS ARE CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY, AND MAY BE
PRIVILEGED.  If this message was misdirected, WANdisco, Inc. and its
subsidiaries, ("WANdisco") does not waive any confidentiality or privilege.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately and
destroy the message without disclosing its contents to anyone.  Any
distribution, use or copying of this e-mail or the information it contains
by other than an intended recipient is unauthorized.  The views and
opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the author's own and may not
reflect the views and opinions of WANdisco, unless the author is authorized
by WANdisco to express such views or opinions on its behalf.  All email
sent to or from this address is subject to electronic storage and review by
WANdisco.  Although WANdisco operates anti-virus programs, it does not
accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever caused by viruses being
passed.