bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem running HBase
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2014 19:41:59 GMT
By default, HBase starts in a "standalone" mode which just involves one
daemon, and will not use an external instance of zookeeper. With no
configuration, this is started by just running 'service hbase-master
start'. I prefer to use turn on distributed mode and just run everything on
the same box. I usually just have this in hbase-site.xml:

<configuration>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.cluster.distributed</name>
    <value>true</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://`hostname`:8020/hbase</value>
  </property>
</configuration>

With this configuration, `service hbase-master start` and `server
hbase-regionserver start` you should get a usable service as long as
ZooKeeper is running on the local host as well. I've never run into the
'zookeeper.znode.parent' problem, but this should at least allow you to add
other configuration tweaks if needed. Have you modified the Zookeeper
configuration in /etc/zookeeper/conf at all? For single node operation you
shouldn't need to. Just 'service zookeeper-server init' and 'service
zookeeper-server start' (and the former isn't strictly necessary, I think).