bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windows support?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:59:55 GMT
Like others, I would also support any effort to make the platform more
portable as long as it didn't detract from the existing OS support. Do keep
in mind, however, that Bigtop will struggle to support ZooKeeper (or any
other component) on Windows if there isn't matching support upstream. It's
possible my experience is unique or outdated, but I had a few team members
try to develop against ZooKeeper on Windows and eventually they gave up and
switched to Linux. From ZooKeeper's official documentation: "Win32 is
supported as a *development platform* only for both server and client."
Perhaps the support for Windows is better than I'm thinking, but my point
is just that you'll quite possibly need to work with ZooKeeper upstream as
well to make it a smooth experience.