bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Sean Mackrory <mackror...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper Dependency in Hadoop?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 16:01:13 GMT
I believe this is also to help us harmonize the versions of some libraries
that are used by multiple components. As a rule, Bigtop doesn't modify the
upstream releases, but we've run into problems where multiple versions of a
library end up included in the same classpath. There is a library that the
Hadoop packages use from ZooKeeper even when HA is not in use. ZooKeeper
was chosen because on any real set up, it's almost always present anyway.