bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Steven Núñez <steven.nu...@illation.com>
Subject FW: Hive Clues
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 02:24:55 GMT
Gents,

Happy to discuss the problems and resolutions here so there’s a community record. Below
is a few clues on the Hive problems.

- SteveN

From: Steven Nunez <steven.nunez@illation.com<mailto:steven.nunez@illation.com>>
Date: Thursday, 21 November 2013 9:32
To: "i.frankov@googlemail.com<mailto:i.frankov@googlemail.com>" <i.frankov@googlemail.com<mailto:i.frankov@googlemail.com>>
Subject: Hive Clues

Hi Ivo,

I don’t know how far you got with Hive, but I have found some clues as to why my configuration
isn’t working. I sent a message to the group at large regarding some socket bind errors.
After some searching, I found a post on Hive 2 installation<http://danieladeniji.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/technical-hadoopcloudera-cdhhive-v2-installation/>
that suggests /etc/hive/conf/hive-site.xml needs a hive.metastore.uris property entry. This
didn’t work for me, but I’ll try a reboot and some other measures to be sure.

Have you worked out what these conf.empty, conf.dist, conf.* directories are for? Is there
a convention for their usage?

Regards,
- SteveN