bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Way to Determine Package Versions
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 07:42:02 GMT
On 11/20/2013 08:44 PM, Steven Núñez wrote:
> Gents,
>
> What is the best way to determine the particular version of  a BigTop
> package? A command for this would be very useful. This particular use
> case involves trying out the Oozie component according to the Running
> Various BigTop Components
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Running+various+Bigtop+components>
> wiki page. The instructions for Oozie appear to be out of date, and the
> Oozie website <http://oozie.apache.org> has different configurations for
> different versions.
>
> It seems that the Oozie instructions on that page are particularly out
> of date.
>
> Regards,
> - SteveN

I assume you are referring to an installed package

On a RPM based GNU/Linux distribution:
rpm -qi <package name>
rpm -qf <file or directory>

Note that you can also use yum (yum info, yum list).

for deb based distributions, I don't have one handy right now, but the
following link should help you in that regard:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkgtools.en.html

Thanks,
Bruno