bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject "bigpetstore" another idea that i forgot to mention which might fit into bigtop.
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2013 21:19:13 GMT
Hey bigtop:

Another idea, which i have been toying with for some time - is the idea of
implementing the old hibernate/ibatis app "jpetstore" for hadoop.

I think bigtop might be a good template for this, but not sure if it should
go in bigtop itself : i.e.  put an entire bigdata workflow into bigtop as
an example/template for people to better comprehend how mapreduce ETL plays
with adhoc analytics (HIVE/PIG) , and how machine learning (mahout etc)
finally interact with end sinks (hbase). etc...

Not sure if this is in the scope of bigtop but i think, for people getting
into the hadoop ecosystem and useing bigtop as a venue to do so, an example
app of this sort might be particularly useful.

Apologies is this is off scope of bigtop but let me know!

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com