bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Martin Bukatovic <mbuka...@redhat.com>
Subject old information in README file
Date Fri, 19 Jul 2013 14:25:40 GMT
Dear all,

I have noticed that in README file inside bigtop repository, the text uses old
and deprecated filepaths:

> * install package testing iTest artifacts locally:
>
>         cd test/src/smokes/package/ && mvn install -DskipTests -DskipITs -DperformRelease
>
> * use those locally installed iTest package testing artifacts to run a suite:
>
>         cd test/suites/package/ && mvn clean verify -Dbigtop.repo.file.url.CentOS=XXX
 -D'org.apache.maven-failsafe-plugin.testInclude=**/TestPackagesReadiness.*'

The repo was restructured quite time ago, and I guess that the instructions
should eg. read bigtop-tests/test-execution/smokes instead of
test/src/smokes/package and test/suites/package (but I'm not sure about the
second one).

Please review the README and possibly fix it.

Also there are correct instructions on the wiki, so maybe it may be merged or
referenced instead:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/Running+integration+and+system+tests

Thank you

Martin Bukatovic