bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit...@gmail.com>
Subject The combinatorial problem of testing hadoop ecosystem tools
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:10:32 GMT
Hi again big top !

It would be nice if one could to specify certain distribution components
(for example, hbase 0.94.7, with hadoop 1.x.x , etc...) in my BigTop
deployments to test matrices of interoperable components).

As we all know, its common for different people to run different versions
of ecosystem components without integrating them.  For example, maybe
someone will have an old version of HIVE running on a new

Is this commonly done or has anyone worked on the combinatorial ecosystem
match up testing problem in BigTop ?  It seems like it might be tricky to
select and deal with the fact that ecosystem tools are constantly being
upgraded at different rates.

--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com