bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Bigtop for Goraci
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2013 22:42:00 GMT
Hi Lewis!

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney
<lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
> My questions are therefore very very simple... does anyone have an idea
> about how we can get this working in tandem? Is this prime territory for
> Bigtop?

I think it would be awesome to make Gora part of the Bigtop distribution.
What it would accomplish is a much tighter integration between Gora and
HBase/Hadoop and a ready made availability in Bigtop binary distro (and
potentially commercial Hadoop vendors).

As a more day-to-day task it would also enable both of our communities
to rely on the results of integration tests that we can run on Bigtop's
Jenkins infrastructure.

Now, I'd be more than happy to help you guys out with basic understanding
of integrating a component into Bigtop, but I'm afraid that personally
I won't be able to spend much cycles doing the actual work.

If you're still interested -- do let us know!

Thanks,
Roman.