bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigTop : Build Targets
Date Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:41:45 GMT
On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks roman :)  yes we once lived and died by the SolrOutputFormat for some
> time.  It is a very nice extension to hadoop's reduce outputs - but What i
> mean is that SOLR is not part of the hadoop ecosystem, in the sense that it
> doesnt natively depend on HDFS .

Part of the JIRA I quoted has a full integration with HDFS.  Plus there's
a way to index as part of the mapreduce job with the indices being
deposited to HDFS.

> I think of "hadoop ecosytem" tools as tools which rely on HDFS, or
> MapReduce, in order to run.

Yup. That's exactly what has been done with Solr Cloud ;-)

> But maybe the definition of the "hadoop ecosystem" is brodening in the YARN
> / Zookeeper era ?

It is somewhat, but we're still pretty close to the original definition.

Thanks,
Roman.