bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Re: BigTop 0.3.0 vs make hadoop-deb
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 04:05:21 GMT
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari
<jean-marc@spaggiari.org> wrote:
> @Bruno: I think also that it's the issue. If I have time I will give
> it a try and change the local...

Please do let us know what happens. Better yet, could you please
create a JIRA and record your experience over there? That way
we can benefit from it some time down the road.

> @Doug: I don't see version 1.1.0 anywhere :( It's all 1.0.x... x
> beeing 1 for BigTop, but 4 for the last hadoop release.
> @Mark: Exact. It's trying to take a version which doesn't exist. Maybe
> the script should try to retreive the most recent 1.0.x version
> instead of a fixed one?

Bigtop releases guarantee a certain bill of materials -- in that we can't
retroactively change the source of the bits. We can, however, provide
those fixes in the branch-0.3. -- send us a patch!

Thanks,
Roman.