bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCEMENT] Bigtop 0.5.0 RC0 bits are ready for wider testing
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:48:53 GMT
Hi!

in preparation for the Bigtop 0.5.0 release I've cut
a release branch and kicked the first build from it:
    http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080/view/Releases/job/Bigtop-0.5.0/

It would be extremely helpful if everybody in the Bigtop
community could pitch-in with at least a modest amount
of testing -- trying the bits on your favorite Linux distro
in a pseudo distributed mode, deploying to a small cluster,
using our Puppet code -- it all helps and contributes
to a robust Bigtop 0.5.0. Hope you all can find a bit
of time to take it for a spin.

Once I'm done with a few outstanding site/doc/JIRA
issues -- I plan to send a formal RC0 annoucement,
but there's no reason to wait for it -- just grab the bits
and follow the docs:
   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+distribution+from+Bigtop+0.5.0

Thanks,
Roman.