bigtop-user mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] BOM for Bigtop 0.5.0 (AKA a Thanksgiving release)
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:05:20 GMT
I would like to propose that Bigtop 0.5.0 gets is scheduled
to be released around end of Nov 2012 with the following BOM:
   * Hadoop 2.0.2-alpha
   * Zookeeper 3.4.4
   * HBase 0.94.2
   * Pig 0.10.0
   * Hive 0.9.0
   * Oozie 3.2
   * Sqoop 1.4.2
   * Whirr 0.8.1
   * Mahout 0.7
   * Flume 1.3.0
   * Hue 2.1.0
   * Giraph 0.2.0
   * Solr (cloud) 4.0

The only components on the list that have a chance of
delaying the release are Flume and Giraph. I will try
to deal with those communities separately and figure
out what can be done. It would be really nice to have
Hama and HCatalog integrated with Hadoop 2.0,
but I haven't seen any major updates on those projects.

As far as the supported platforms go I would like
to propose the following:
   * Fedora 17
   * Ubuntu 12.10
   * OpenSUSE 12.2