bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Jos Backus <...@catnook.com>
Subject Re: MRv1 mapred command no longer supports starting the jobtracker/tasktracker
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 05:54:37 GMT
Hi Bruno,

Thanks for responding. Please see below.

On Aug 6, 2012 9:48 PM, "Bruno Mahé" <bmahe@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Jos,
>
> I am not sure I fully understand your issue, but the jobtracker and
tasktracker do not exist anymore in Apache Hadoop 2.0.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/YARN.html

> Thanks,
> Bruno

I'm aware of that. We'd like to use MRv1 instead of YARN because we are not
ready/willing to switch at this point. The code is still there, just the
mapred script UI was removed. Right now I'm using the hadoop command to
start the jobtracker and tasktracker but it seems ugly and someone may come
in and break that interface, too, as it's advertised as deprecated.

So far the HDFS bits seem to work fine under daemontools-encore; I have
been using it for several months now without problems.

Thanks,
Jos