bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing 0.94.1-SNAPSHOT artifacts
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2012 05:30:03 GMT
On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> any reason there are no SNAPSHOT artifacts published for 0.94.1?
> If this is a simple omission I can re-enable Apache Jenkins builds
> to do so from this branch: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hbase/branches/0.94/
>
> Please holler if you don't want it to happen (for whatever reason).

Since I haven't heard much back I pushed the -SNAPSHOT artifacts
using the following Job:
   https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-0.94-deploy/2/console

However, some of the new things in the 0.94.1 pom.xml seem
to make ivy-based projects unhappy. I see that Sqoop can't
be compiled because:
   * there's not default version of slf4j.version defined in the pom
   * junit.version == 4.10-HBASE-1

Do we really need that version of JUnit, I'd recommend trying
pretty hard to get rid of it given that the artifacts are not available
anywhere but in Gary Helmling's repo.

As for slf4j.version, can we just add a default value of 1.4.3
the same as with the default hadoop profile?

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. Of course, it could be said that some of those Ivy projects
need to fix things on their end, but perhaps we can agree not
to break them unnecessarily?