bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mahout Release : 0.7
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2012 02:32:34 GMT
On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 4:43 PM, tom pierce <tcp@apache.org> wrote:
>> It's going to be tough, because we actually planned to have the release
>> out already and none of us really is a YARN expert.
>
> I can definitely help with the YARN part and I can totally offer the testing
> infrastructure on Bigtop's Jenkins that deploys fully distributed cluster
> based on Hadoop 0.4.0 and can run Mahout tests (well, at this point
> it is really just a wrapper around Mahout examples, but still).

Good news: both of the issues seem to be easy to fix (but a bit tedious
when it comes to preserving behavior for Hadoop 1.X codeline).

Can someone, please, take a look at the very preliminary patch
(based on the work Bilung Lee did for CDH4) I've attached to the
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1017

and let me know:
   1. whether something like this can be considered for 0.7 inclusion
   2. what would be the preference for keeping old behavior around

Thanks,
Roman.