bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing for the Bigtop 0.4.0 release
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:46:56 GMT
Fellow Bigtoppers,

This is that time of year again -- a time for our quarterly release
of Bigtop -- Bigtop 0.4.0.

Looking at:
makes me proud to say that we've got everything that
was planned for this release done. In fact, we even
have a rough version of "How to Release" document:
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+release
which I might as well follow for the rest of the release process. ;-)

I'm at step #1 now which says that all of us are supposed to
decide which JIRAs marked as 0.4.0:
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+BIGTOP+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.4.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide
are so precious to us that they absolutely positively have to be
fixed in this release. Please bump a priority of anything that
falls into this category to a 'Blocker' (or drop me an email) AND
assign it to yourself. Alternatively you can try to convince me or
any other developer that the issue is so important that it needs
to be fixed.

All of us have till Fri (06/22) noon PST to come up with a blocker list.
Please be judicious.

Thanks,
Roman (your friendly neighborhood Bigtop 0.4.0 release manager).