bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <omal...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Move the default HADOOP_CONF_DIR
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 05:28:50 GMT
I'd like to propose that we change the default value for
HADOOP_CONF_DIR to /etc/hadoop instead of the current
/etc/hadoop/conf. I think it will reduce the confusion factor of new
users quite a bit. Roman shared that the original motivation was to
support multiple client configurations, but that seems relatively rare
use case. (Note that multiple client configs is still supported, of
course, you just need to use --config option to point it to the right
configuration directory. I'm just proposing that we remove the extra
conf out of the path.)

What do people think?

-- Owen