bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Tue, 01 May 2012 05:10:07 GMT
Hi Roman,

Reasonable people could differ on the interpretation of the paragraph I quoted, but until
now my understanding of the aim of BigTop was to package Apache projects and that has been
what BigTop has done.

I take it from your response that you do want to extend (or clarify) the charter of BigTop
to include packaging of code that has not been contributed to Apache?

It seems like this does merit discussion what do others think?

E14

PS Here is the incubation proposal again:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTimriyVS5G5MAKLQviNAUZ9H6S5hWw@mail.gmail.com%3E