bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Foley <mfo...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Guarding against the use of upstream scripts
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 18:44:44 GMT
What is the justification for saying "what we are doing in BigTop", when it
is diverging from what has been done for years in the Components?  It seems
that this is carelessly discarding what is being practiced at a lot of
sites, because you'd rather do it this way.  Generally speaking, we make
the Hadoop Ecosystem easier to use by adhering to familiar usage, rather
than diverging.  Please give reasons for the divergence.

Thanks,
--Matt