bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Konstantin Boudnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] BOM for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 22:35:18 GMT
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 03:19PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
> > I would like to put the following BOM and list of supported
> > platforms for a vote. The vote will run till noon PST on Fri
> > 5/18. Please vote by that time. If you feel strongly about
> > anything on this list, feel free to show up at our Meetup
> > on Thu 5/17 and have your case argued in front of the live
> > audience  ;-)
> >
> > BOM:
> >  * Hadoop 2.0.0-alpha
> >  * Zookeeper 3.4.3
> >  * HBase 0.92.1
> >  * Pig 0.10.0
> >  * Hive 0.9.0
> >  * Oozie 3.2
> >  * Sqoop 1.4.1
> >  * Whirr 0.7.1
> >  * Mahout 0.6.1
> >  * Flume 1.1.0
> >  * Hue 2.0.0
> >  * Giraph 0.2
>
> Since Roman says, I wasn't clear enough, I'm -1 to a Bigtop release
> that includes distributes non-Apache projects as binary packages.

Could you please refer us to the exact spot in the ASF policies where this is
prohibited? And why Hadoop releases are allowed to happen while they are
including binary packages/libraries of non-Apache projects?

If there's no policy regulating this matter then your -1 is clearly
not-substantial. And as such should be disregarded.

May be there are other reasons you would be willing to bring up?

Cos