bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Baldeschwieler <eri...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] BOM and supported platforms for Bigtop 0.4.0
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:30:57 GMT
A question...

The stated goal of BigTop is to package "official releases of the Apache Hadoop-related projects".
 I believe stated policy is to require that only official releases from Apache projects can
be packaged, no patches or development branches.  Do I have that right?  Has Cloudera contributed
Hue to Apache or are you suggesting a change to the charter of BigTop to package vendor hosted
projects as well as Apache Projects?

Thanks,

E14

PS - Just looked up the incubating proposal:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201106.mbox/%3CBANLkTimriyVS5G5MAKLQviNAUZ9H6S5hWw@mail.gmail.com%3E

----