bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>
Subject Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop Release 1.0.0
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2011 19:02:18 GMT
FYI. With all of the new releases coming out (Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Zookeeper)
we're really quite in time with our next release of Bigtop.

Thanks,
Roman.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matt Foley <mattf@apache.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Hadoop Release 1.0.0
To: general@hadoop.apache.org

I am delighted to announce the availability of Hadoop Release 1.0.0.

This release is from the stable 0.20-security code line, and includes
support for:

  - HBase (append/hsynch/hflush) and Security
  - Webhdfs (with full support for security)
  - Performance enhanced access to local files for HBase
  - Other performance enhancements, bug fixes, and features
  - All version 0.20.205 and prior 0.20.2xx features

Please see the complete Hadoop 1.0.0 Release
Notes<http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r1.0.0/releasenotes.html>for
details.

Best regards,
--Matt Foley