bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [POLL] Defining a stack of components for the next release of Bigtop
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:52:44 GMT
On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Arvind Prabhakar <arvind@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Thanks for sending this out. What is the target release date for the
> next version?

As you can see in a neighboring thread, we seem to be converging on the
idea of a quarterly release schedule for Bigtop. Thus I'd expect the next
version to be out sometime in early Feb 2012.

> If there is some room to fix upstream projects, I would
> like to work Sqoop 1.4 (tbr) into it.

That's a good point. The way things are going, next release of Bigtop
is likely to be based on Hadoop 20.X. Do you think you can help with
making Sqoop work with that code line? That'll be a tremendous win
for all of our users.

Thanks,
Roman.