bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: iTest.next
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 00:37:29 GMT
On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Tom White <tom@cloudera.com> wrote:
> This list doesn't make the case for switching IMO. Perhaps it would
> help to have an example that isn't handled very well at the moment and
> discuss ways to improve that?

Most of the issues we're running to while executing tests with Maven
are listed on the wiki page that started this thread. The issues are
genuine, whether better use of Maven is the answer or switching to
Gradle or some other execution mechanism -- that remains to be
seen, of course.

Are you saying that the list is too terse? Take a look at bullet #4 and #5
and let us know if that's not clear enough. Perhaps you can leave
comments on that Wiki page and help us improve the quality of the
write up.

Thanks,
Roman.