bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Roman Shaposhnik <...@apache.org>
Subject Using osuosl.org's supercell VMs for Bigtop
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:17:27 GMT
For the past couple of weeks I've been working with the nice
folks @osuosl.org on having VMs for Bigtop project. The
idea was to run our Jenkins out of their DC. Unfortunately,
though, there seems to be a policy on their end that
prevents an unrestricted web access. Even though we
do have a proxy established: http://bigtop.sc.osuosl.org/
it must be password protected.

Now, I really think that one of the fundamental values in
Bigtop is to bring transparency to Hadoop and Hadoop's
ecosystem releases. And having a password protected
Jenkins defeats that purpose.

I think the options we've got come down:
   * having VMs @osuosl.org and a public Jenkis master on EC2.
      Slaves will connect via JNLP since port-forwarding is too tricky
      and probably won't fly with Supercell guys.
   * use a Build Publisher Plugin

Which way should we go?

Thanks,
Roman.