bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject Remove Java dependencies from packages?
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:05:17 GMT
So Roman opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-29, but we
should probably have a discussion about this before we go ahead. Due to the
special sort of hell that is Java packages on Linux, having an actual
dependency (either build-time or install-time) on Java can be a giant pain.
I'm running into this right now trying to get the Jenkins build working on a
CentOS 6 box. Roman's proposing we just assume that a viable JDK/JRE is
already installed and in the path. That's not perfect packaging, sure, but
it's a hell of a lot simpler for us. What are people's thoughts?

A.