bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Bayer <andrew.ba...@gmail.com>
Subject What do we need to do for release 0.1?
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2011 22:25:11 GMT
(I wanted to get this on the wiki but I don't yet have wiki write access, so
here's an email!)

What exactly do we need to do in order to push out a first release, based on
the current code? Here's what I know of, but I'm fairly sure there's more
that I'm not as clear on:

- Get the license headers in place for every pertinent file -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-2 is for this, and assigned to
me. I'll get this dealt with in the next couple days.
- Define exactly what it is we're releasing for the first release - what
platforms do we support?
- Some general code cleanup - e.g.,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BIGTOP-3 for removing .gitignore
files.
- ...I honestly don't know what else we need to do. =)

This is my first Apache project/release, so I don't know what other checkbox
issues need to be dealt with besides the license headers.
Suggestions/pointers/etc would be helpful.

Once I've got wiki write access, I'll put this up on the wiki and let
everyone know where it is, so that we can update it communally.

A.