bigtop-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for August 2011 (bigtop-dev@incubator.apache.org)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 18:34:12 GMT
On 08/10/2011 11:03 AM, Andrew Bayer wrote:
> Not sure how much work it actually is, but if you want to take a swing
> at it, feel free. =)
>
> A.

The wiki is giving me some troubles, so here is a first draft:

Bigtop

Bigtop is a project for the development of packaging and tests of the
Hadoop ecosystem.

Bigtop entered incubation on June 20 2011

A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
graduation:
* Create Bigtop web site. Item in progress. See ticket BIGTOP-9
* Make an incubating release.
* Grow the community size and diversity.

Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
aware of:
* No issue

How has the community developed since the last report:
* Discussions have been started about how to organize the development
(RTC vs CTR)

How has the project developed since the last report.
* Discussions have been started about how to organize our first release
and what should it include.

Licensing and other issues
* Work to obtain CCLA from Cloudera regarding license grant for existing
Bigtop code from Cloudera GitHub repository is done.

Signed off by mentor: